Supervising Production Artist
Loyola Press, a Jesuit Ministry on Chicago's North side, is seeking a full-time, in-house Supervising Production Artist to manage the production of Catholic and language arts curriculum as well as adult spirituality materials. Preferred applicants have substantial experience in the following areas: creating detailed templates and style sheets, pouring and building pages in InDesign, and implementing best practices for production processes in publishing.
Manage production staff and processes for the development of educational and trade products, print and digital.
• Minimum 7 years of production experience in publishing
• Fluency with InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator, and PowerPoint and knowledge of the latest Adobe Suite releases
• Supervisory experience in leading a team of production artists
• The ability to establish and maintain efficient production and design workflows
• Excellent organizational leadership and team development skills
• Strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and recommend production-related solutions
• Collaborative, team-oriented, and positive work style
• Understanding of product specifications and experience working with print buyers and Manufacturing
• Complete understanding of print production and appropriate file set up with knowledge of digital file format and delivery
• The ability to maintain composure under tight deadlines
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in graphic design or related field
• Experience producing digital courseware
• Proficiency in Spanish
• Familiarity with educational publishing and Catholic school marketplace
We offer a friendly work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits. If you are interested, please click on the link below to start the application process. Be sure to attach a cover letter in the same file with your resume. No phone calls please.
Sales Representative – Dioceses of Northern California and Pacific Northwest
Loyola Press is a Jesuit ministry and a Catholic publisher. We publish content in a variety of formats to help children and adults learn about the Catholic Faith.
We are seeking an Educational Consultant (Sales Representative) responsible for sales to parishes and schools in the dioceses of Northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Represent Loyola Press as a company who clearly sees God at work in the world through our work.
• Establish and maintain regular contact with parish DREs, Catholic school principals and archdiocesan staff.
• Achieve annual sales goal.
• Conduct professional product presentations in person, at exhibits, at various archdiocesan and regional events and through webinars and phone presentations for our Faith Formation curriculum, Language Arts resources and Sacramental Preparation materials.
• Maintain up-to-date, accurate customer records for every account.
The successful candidate will be bilingual, have a B.A. in Religious Education, Theology, Education or related field, and a minimum of 3-5 years pastoral, catechetical or parochial school ministry experience. He/she will have a solid understanding of the Catholic Faith, a desire to serve, and be able to work in a collaborative environment. The candidate must have the ability to share the Loyola Press brand with passion, persuasion and enthusiasm.
We offer a friendly work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
Please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call Bret Thomas at 800-256-0589 ext. 315.