Note: Loyola Press will be closed beginning Wednesday, December 24th through Sunday, January 4th. All orders placed during that period will ship beginning Monday, January 5th, 2015.
Order early to avoid shipping delays. Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Before celebrating the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation, be sure to prepare with an examination of conscience.
The Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation includes the following steps:
1. The priest greets us, and we pray the Sign of the Cross. He invites us to trust in God. He may read God's Word with us.
2. We confess our sins. The priest may help and counsel us.
3. The priest gives us a penance to perform. Penance is an act of kindness or prayers to pray, or both.
4. The priest asks us to express our sorrow, usually by reciting the Act of Contrition.
5. We receive absolution. The priest says, “I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.” We respond, “Amen.”
6. The priest dismisses us by saying, “Go in peace.” We go forth to perform the act of penance he has given us.