The young people will reflect on the human condition and how Jesus' birth brought hope to the world.
The young people should be able to describe how the infancy narratives announce salvation for all people.
- Review the significance of the Infancy Narratives with the young people.
- Lead them in a discussion of why God the Father sent Jesus and why the circumstances of his birth are important.
- Direct the young people to spend a few minutes in silence, reflecting on how the coming of Jesus brought hope to the world.
- Have the young people write a paragraph using their ideas.
- Invite volunteers to read aloud their work.