Kindergarten: God Loves Us
Religious educators have a sacred trust, to nurture the life of grace a child has received at Baptism. Loyola Press takes this charge seriously and seeks to prepare catechists, teachers, and families for this sacred duty. It was with God’s youngest disciples in mind that God Loves Us now joins the Christ Our Life program for a comprehensive K-8 educational experience. This compelling program, written by the Sisters of Notre Dame, fosters children’s love of God and guides them toward a life of discipleship. Christ Our Life: God Loves Us provides children with a thorough presentation of the authentic teachings of the Catholic Church and matches it with their ability to learn complex concepts when presented in ways that are friendly and proven to work with four-to-six-year-olds. With active-learning opportunities on every page of the program, kindergarteners are always engaged and fully immersed in the rich content of their Catholic faith.
Christ Our Life: God Loves Us Kindergarten is the only Kindergarten program aligned with the Church’s mission for a New Evangelization, the NCEA: IFG ACRE assessments, and the Six Tasks of Catechesis.
Soundly grounded in Scripture and Church tradition, Christ Our Life: God Loves Us provides everything needed to shape a child’s faith formation and guide them on their lifelong journey as disciples of Christ. Developmentally-appropriate content and prayer experiences for young children are paired with easy to use catechist materials to develop a comprehensive and engaging program.
- Student Book: Always Christ-centered, the truth and beauty of the Catholic faith is shared in ways most appropriate for young learners. Each page of faith-filled content is engaging and interactive!
- Teacher’s and Catechist’s Guides: Along with planning tools and resources, the Teacher’s and Catechist’s Guides offer comprehensive instructional support with a proven three-step teaching method.
- Jesus the Teacher, a Plush Figure: This soft and inviting plush figure is featured in every session as part of instruction, prayer, and listening activities. One figure included with each Teacher’s or Catechist’s Guide. (WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD – Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years)
- Bible Stories for Children: Beautifully illustrated stories from the Old and New Testaments introduce kindergarteners to the Word of God and helps them understand the scripture being taught in chapters.
- At-Home Edition: Full lessons and accessible instruction for homeschooling and at-home catechesis involves and engages the family in a child’s faith formation.
- Reproducible Blackline Masters (BLMs): A total of more than 60 reproducible blackline masters are included for review, reinforcement, and assessment of lesson content.
- Family Welcome Guide: Parishes and schools can use the Family Welcome Guide as a promotional or informational piece that keeps parents informed about the program’s content while giving additional support and tips for parents guiding their children to lead faith-filled lives.
- Christ Our Life: God Loves Us Music and Posters: Engaging all of the senses, Christ Our Life: God Loves Us features lively music that provides a highly effective and engaging way of teaching and reinforcing essential faith concepts for children and beautiful posters that provide visual representations of key lesson concepts.