When you think of family fun activities, you likely think of activities in the truest sense of the word: swimming, biking, sledding, and the like—in other words, doing something that involves activity. While all those things are, in fact, fun family activities, there’s likely one key element missing from them: real conversation—the kind that helps you get to know the most important people in your life and helps them get to know you!
Consider trying a NEW kind of family fun activity—learning about the ones you love. To do it, you only need a few questions to spark fun conversation. That’s right—having conversations with your family can be downright fun. How?
Well, grab a bowl of popcorn, gather your family, and try the questions listed here for starters (excerpted from The Meal Box):
- What has been the most exciting moment or event in your life to this point?
- If you could change one thing about the way your favorite holiday is celebrated, what would you change?
- Kids: What aspect of being an adult are you looking forward to the most? Adults: What aspect of being a kid do you miss the most?
- If you had to describe your personality in terms of a farm animal, which one would it be?
- When you consider our amazing earth, in what particular aspect of it do you find it easiest to “see” God?