Production Artist, Publishing
Loyola Press, a Catholic publisher in Chicago, is seeking a full-time, onsite Production Artist to build and produce print and digital curriculum products. Preferred applicants have substantial experience in using InDesign templates to layout and build pages, and they are able to apply best practices for production processes in the publishing industry.
Work on the production stages of product development, from the pouring and styling of manuscript through the release of files.
- Minimum 3 years of production experience in publishing
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite through CC 2017 (InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat), as well as familiarity with various presentation software and Microsoft Office
- Ability to follow project specifications and prototypes to place content and elements in InDesign templates
- Complete understanding of print production and appropriate file setup with knowledge of digital file delivery and preflight
- Experience creating PDF files with print-ready specifications in accordance with best practices and industry standards
- Experience producing digital content
- Passion for efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Collaborative, team-oriented, and positive work style
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in graphic design or related field
- Design experience
- Experience building InDesign templates
- Familiarity with educational publishing and Catholic school marketplace
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
We offer a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. For more information, visit www.loyolapress.com. Applications accepted only via email. Please include resume and cover letter when applying: email@example.com. Attention: Martha Tyler. Please write Production Artist in subject line. No phone calls please.
Located in Chicago, Loyola Press is a leader in instructional products for the Catholic school, parish, and special needs markets. Loyola’s award-winning curriculum programs engage children and families by providing high quality resources developed through innovative and strategic methods. Loyola’s products engage children and adults by providing high quality resources developed through innovative and strategic methods.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Create, design, support, and maintain all web based front and back end applications.
- Collaborates with the marketing and new product development teams to assist them with their web application needs, including maintaining and modifying existing applications along with creating approved new applications.
- Maintains all web based applications to ensure they are functional and up to date. This includes blogs, web integration components, Chapels, mobile applications, web databases, and internal web applications such as the daily billing integration, manufacturing database, digital curriculum, and video portal.
- Identifies application weaknesses and recommends solutions that utilize the most efficient and current technologies to improve the application.
- Creates and maintains data integration components used by SL, Salesforce, and loyolapress.com web site. Ensures these data integration components are available and functioning properly.
- Wireframes, codes, and tests new application builds.
- Assists in the management of web server infrastructure, both external and internal, encompassing traditional and cloud-based technologies.
- Writes clear, concise, and complete documentation on all changes to existing applications and new builds.
- Partners with external technology support vendors.
Experience and Requirements
- Expert level expertise with Wordpress.
- Experience with relational databases (MSSQL & MySQL)
- Experience with JQuery, CSS, AJAX
- Experience with large-scale web sites and applications.
- Experience with version control software (Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Experience with web servers and cloud based computing.
- Experience with web services.
- Working knowledge of DNS, A records, CNAMES, etc.
- High initiative; solid execution performance.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Anticipates project needs before they arise; prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
- Highly collaborative and excellent team member; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
Competitive compensation package, and excellent benefits. Applications accepted via email only. Please include resume and cover letter when applying: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: Martha Tyler. Please write Web Developer in the subject line.
No phone calls please.