INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER JOB POSTING
Located in Chicago, Loyola Press is a leader in instructional products for the Catholic school, parish, and special needs markets, as well as award-winning adult spirituality resources.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a Chicago area-based Independent Contractor for a part-time, Instructional Design position. This dynamic ID will help propose, design, and develop technology-based activities for middle school Catholic religious education students and teachers. The position is available immediately, for 15-20 hours per week through May 2021. Remote work arrangements may be made for the right candidate, with occasional visits to our Chicago office, as necessary.
- Propose developmentally appropriate, engaging, pedagogically sound, digital learning activity types for middle school audience.
- Design and development of digital learning activities, in coordination with in-house artists (designers/production artists) and external vendors.
- Contribution to design and development of videos in coordination with writers, in-house designers, production artists, and supervisor.
- Communication among team members, including Project Manager and supervising Manager to track, and assist with coordination of individual asset and activity development.
- Communication with vendors developing Interactives to assist with development.
- Review for accuracy, engagement, u/x and functionality before handing off for approval.
The successful candidate must have:
- Knowledge of Web-based tools and interactives that can function outside of an LMS.
- Ability to design and develop robust educational activities in Web-based tools and software.
- Understanding of grades 7-8 audience, including what constitutes developmentally appropriate, engaging, pedagogically sound learning activities.
- Keen attention to detail for clarity in writing and editing text and reviewing activities in development.
- Methodical and thorough interactive activity testing skills.
- Strong management and organization skills to maintain order in multi-faceted, complex design and development projects with numerous assets and cross-departmental contributors.
- Strong communication skills for coordinating among internal and external partners (i.e. vendors).
- Knowledge of Catholic religion and catechism a plus. Willingness to work sensitively and responsibly with this content a must.
Applications accepted via email only: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Instructional Designer – near Chicago” in subject line. Interested candidates must include resume and cover letter when applying.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCATED near Chicago. No Relocation.