WEB DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Located in Chicago, Loyola Press is a leader in instructional products for the Catholic school, parish, and special needs markets as well as award-winning Trade titles. Loyola’s products engage children and adults by providing high quality resources developed through innovative and strategic methods.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Manage web developer team to create, design, support, and maintain all web based front and back end applications.
- Manages web developer team to ensure they are executing assigned projects in an effective and timely way to deliver accurate and quality results.
- Partners with the Technology Services Executive Project Manager on all web application projects to ensure they are properly scheduled and resources assigned.
- Collaborates with marketing and new product development teams to understand and solve their web application needs, including maintaining and modifying existing applications along with creating approved new applications.
- Ensures that all web based applications are functional and up to date. This includes blogs, web integration components, Chapels, mobile applications, web databases, and internal web applications such as the daily billing integration, manufacturing database, digital curriculum, and video portal.
- Identifies application weaknesses and recommends solutions that utilize the most efficient and current technologies to improve the application.
- Creates and maintains data integration components used by SL, Salesforce, and loyolapress.com web site. Ensures these data integration components are available and functioning properly.
- Wireframes, codes, and tests new application builds.
- Responsible for the management of web server infrastructure, both external and internal, encompassing traditional and cloud-based technologies.
- Writes clear, concise, and complete documentation on all changes to existing applications and new builds.
- Partners with external technology support vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous team management experience.
- Experience with managing an AWS platform.
- Experience with relational databases (MSSQL & MySQL)
- Experience with JQuery, CSS, AJAX
- Experience with large-scale web sites and applications.
- Experience with version control software (Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Experience with web service APIs.
- Working knowledge of DNS, A records, CNAMES, etc.
- College Degree or equivalent experience.
- High initiative; solid execution performance.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Anticipates project needs before they arise; prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
- Highly collaborative and excellent team member; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
Competitive compensation package, and excellent benefits. Applications accepted via email only. Please include resume and cover letter when applying: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: Martha Tyler. Please write Web Development Manager – in subject line. No phone calls please.
EDUCATIONAL SALES CONSULTANT
Located in Chicago, Loyola Press is a leader in instructional products for the Catholic school, parish, and special needs markets as well as a producer of award-winning Trade titles. Loyola's products engage children and adults by providing high quality resources developed through innovative and strategic methods.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an Educational Consultant (Sales Representative) to be responsible for faith formation and curriculum sales to parishes and in Catholic schools in assigned dioceses near San Francisco and Washington areas.
- Achieve annual sales goals.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with parish DREs, Catholic school principals, and archdiocesan staff.
- Provide in-depth presentations and trainings on all Loyola Press curriculum products, including our digital offerings, through various methods (webinar, small group presentations, and workshops).
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate customer relationship management tool records for every account in the assigned dioceses near San Francisco and Washington areas.
- Represent Loyola Press through attendance and presentations at assigned local exhibits, diocesan meetings, and regional or national shows.
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years sales experience
- Familiar with PowerPoint, Excel, Word and SalesForce or other CRM systems
- Must be comfortable with cold calling, personal appointments, as well as group presentations
- Solid understanding of the Catholic faith
WHAT WE OFFER
Includes a competitive base salary, fantastic training, ongoing managerial support and outstanding benefits. Interested candidates must include resume and cover letter when applying: email@example.com. Attention: Martha Tyler - Please write Educational Sales Consultant – near San Francisco in subject line.
No phone calls please.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCATED near San Francisco. No Relocation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Loyola Press, a Chicago-based Catholic publisher, is seeking an editorial assistant that will support Trade department staff in preparing, managing, and coordinating all aspects of Trade projects, from approval to completion. The position is available immediately.
- Assist in developing and monitoring schedules for all aspects of a project as needed
- Assist in preparing and maintaining budgets throughout the fiscal year
- Assign ISBNs to Trade products
- Handle all administrative duties for the department, such as invoices, purchase orders, and request advance checks
- Miscellaneous editorial tasks as needed, such as pulling manuscripts from PDFs, researching old files, etc.
- Process all reprints, maintaining hot files and reviewing changes
- Register products for copyright and maintain product files
- Request permission for third party material as needed
- Keep track of time sheets for the Trade Department
- Fact check content
- Ingest manuscripts using XML workflow
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Education, or an applicable Communications field, with an excellent knowledge of Word suite. The Editorial Assistant will have excellent writing and communication skills, outstanding attention to detail, ability to meet frequent deadlines, flexibility, strong collaborations skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize. Knowledge of XML workflow, and Adobe Creative Cloud is desirable. Familiarity with Catholic life and faith a plus. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
We offer a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Applications accepted only via email. Please include resume and cover letter when applying: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: Martha Tyler. Please write
Editorial Assistant in subject line.
No phone calls please.