Manager of Production, Publishing
Loyola Press, a Catholic publisher, is seeking a Manager of Production to work in its Chicago office to oversee all aspects of production for curriculum and trade products, from the pouring and styling of manuscript through file release. Preferred applicants have substantial experience supervising the following areas: template creation, page-building in InDesign, and the implementation of best practices for publishing processes that pertain to production.
Manage production staff and processes for the development of educational and trade products, print and digital
- Minimum 7 years of production experience in publishing
- Fluency with InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat, as well as familiarity with various presentation software
- Knowledge of the latest Adobe Suite releases
- Management experience in leading a team of production artists
- The ability to establish and maintain efficient production and design workflows
- Excellent organizational leadership and team-development skills
- Strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and recommend production-related solutions
- Collaborative, team-oriented, and positive work style
- Understanding of product specifications and experience working with print buyers and Manufacturing
- Complete understanding of print production and appropriate file setup with knowledge of digital file format and delivery
- The ability to maintain composure under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in graphic design or related field
- Experience producing digital content
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Familiarity with educational publishing and Catholic school marketplace
We offer a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. For more information, visit www.loyolapress.com. Applications accepted only via email. Please include resume and cover letter when applying: email@example.com. Attention: Martha Tyler. Please write Manager of Production in subject line.
No phone calls please.