Production Artist, Publishing
Loyola Press, a Catholic publisher in Chicago, is seeking a full-time, onsite Production Artist to build and produce print and digital curriculum products. Preferred applicants have substantial experience in using InDesign templates to layout and build pages, and they are able to apply best practices for production processes in the publishing industry.
Work on the production stages of product development, from the pouring and styling of manuscript through the release of files.
- Minimum 3 years of production experience in publishing
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite through CC 2017 (InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat), as well as familiarity with various presentation software and Microsoft Office
- Ability to follow project specifications and prototypes to place content and elements in InDesign templates
- Complete understanding of print production and appropriate file setup with knowledge of digital file delivery and preflight
- Experience creating PDF files with print-ready specifications in accordance with best practices and industry standards
- Experience producing digital content
- Passion for efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Collaborative, team-oriented, and positive work style
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in graphic design or related field
- Design experience
- Experience building InDesign templates
- Familiarity with educational publishing and Catholic school marketplace
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
We offer a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. For more information, visit www.loyolapress.com. Applications accepted only via email. Please include resume and cover letter when applying: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: Martha Tyler. Please write Production Artist in subject line. No phone calls please.
PROJECT MANAGER, CURRICULUM
Located in Chicago, Loyola Press is a leader in instructional products for the Catholic school, parish, and special needs markets. Loyola’s award-winning curriculum programs engage children and families by providing high quality resources developed through innovative and strategic methods.
About the position
Manage all logistics of curriculum projects (print/web/digital) from inception through completion to ensure that all projects are executed on time and within budget.
- Create and maintain project throughout the development process. Attend and contribute to all relevant product development meetings and participate in discussions involving product planning and direction affecting editorial, design and production processes and schedules.
- Facilitate communication and information flow throughout the project development process, for internal and external vendors, having a thorough knowledge of where each project stands in the design/editorial process.
- Manage, coach and provide annual performance review for the Curriculum Project Coordinator.
- Work with Directors, Editorial Managers and Design & Production Managers to create and maintain budgets based on each individual project's needs, as well as track expenses against the budget.
- Collaborate with Directors, Editorial Managers and Design & Production Managers to allocate work efficiently and determine appropriate external staffing needs.
- Initiate and promote process improvements to better manage workflow and exhibit a proactive approach to problem solving within a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent communication skills and superior organization skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with budget preparation
- Understanding of the bookmaking process and development of educational products, including editorial and design/production stages
- Ability to understand, monitor, and explain workflow and schedules to guide editors, designers and production artists to execute the delivery of content based on deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Travel as needed
Competitive compensation package, and excellent benefits. Applications accepted via email only. Please include resume when applying: email@example.com. Attention: Martha Tyler. Please write Project Manager , Curriculum in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
EDUCATIONAL SALES CONSULTANT
Located in Chicago, Loyola Press is a leader in instructional products for the Catholic school, parish, and special needs markets, as well as award-winning Trade titles. Loyola’s products engage children and adults by providing high quality resources developed through innovative and strategic methods.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a Chicago area based Educational Consultant (Sales Representative) to be responsible for faith formation and curriculum sales to parishes, Catholic schools and dioceses in Illinois and surrounding.
- Represent Loyola Press as a company who clearly sees God at work in the world—through our work.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with parish DREs, Catholic school principals, and archdiocesan staff.
- Achieve annual sales goals.
- Provide in-depth presentations and trainings on all Loyola Press curriculum products, including our digital offerings, through various methods (webinar, small group presentations, and workshops).
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate customer relationship management tool records for every account in the assigned dioceses.
The successful candidate must have:
Associates/Bachelor’s or related experience, minimum 2–5 years sales or related experience, have history of success with customers and proven ability to grow revenue, ability to engage clients quickly and develop rapport with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, ability to use PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Salesforce or other CRM system helpful, must be comfortable with cold calling, in-person appointments, as well as group presentations, solid understanding of the Catholic faith, and be able to work in a collaborative environment, ability to share the Loyola Press brand.
WHAT WE OFFER ....... competitive base salary, training, ongoing managerial support, and outstanding benefits. Applications accepted via email only: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Educational Sales Consultant – near Chicago” in subject line. Interested candidates must include resume and cover letter when applying.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCATED near Chicago. No Relocation.