WEB DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Located in Chicago, Loyola Press is a leader in instructional products for the Catholic school, parish, and special needs markets as well as award-winning Trade titles. Loyola’s products engage children and adults by providing high quality resources developed through innovative and strategic methods.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Manage web developer team to create, design, support, and maintain all web based front and back end applications.
- Manages web developer team to ensure they are executing assigned projects in an effective and timely way to deliver accurate and quality results.
- Partners with the Technology Services Executive Project Manager on all web application projects to ensure they are properly scheduled and resources assigned.
- Collaborates with marketing and new product development teams to understand and solve their web application needs, including maintaining and modifying existing applications along with creating approved new applications.
- Ensures that all web based applications are functional and up to date. This includes blogs, web integration components, Chapels, mobile applications, web databases, and internal web applications such as the daily billing integration, manufacturing database, digital curriculum, and video portal.
- Identifies application weaknesses and recommends solutions that utilize the most efficient and current technologies to improve the application.
- Creates and maintains data integration components used by SL, Salesforce, and loyolapress.com web site. Ensures these data integration components are available and functioning properly.
- Wireframes, codes, and tests new application builds.
- Responsible for the management of web server infrastructure, both external and internal, encompassing traditional and cloud-based technologies.
- Writes clear, concise, and complete documentation on all changes to existing applications and new builds.
- Partners with external technology support vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous team management experience.
- Experience with managing an AWS platform.
- Experience with relational databases (MSSQL & MySQL)
- Experience with JQuery, CSS, AJAX
- Experience with large-scale web sites and applications.
- Experience with version control software (Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Experience with web service APIs.
- Working knowledge of DNS, A records, CNAMES, etc.
- College Degree or equivalent experience.
- High initiative; solid execution performance.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Anticipates project needs before they arise; prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
- Highly collaborative and excellent team member; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
Competitive compensation package, and excellent benefits. Applications accepted via email only. Please include resume and cover letter when applying: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: Martha Tyler. Please write Web Development Manager – in subject line. No phone calls please.
PRODUCTION ARTIST, PUBLISING
Loyola Press, a Catholic publisher in Chicago, is seeking a full-time, onsite Production Artist to build and produce print and digital curriculum products. Preferred applicants have substantial experience in using InDesign templates to layout and build pages, and they are able to apply best practices for production processes in the publishing industry.
Work on the production stages of product development, from the pouring and styling of manuscript through the release of files.
- Minimum 3 years of production experience in publishing
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite through CC 2017 (InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat), as well as familiarity with various presentation software and Microsoft Office
- Ability to follow project specifications and prototypes to place content and elements in InDesign templates
- Complete understanding of print production and appropriate file setup with knowledge of digital file delivery and preflight
- Experience creating PDF files with print-ready specifications in accordance with best practices and industry standards
- Experience producing digital content
- Passion for efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Collaborative, team-oriented, and positive work style
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in graphic design or related field
- Design experience
- Experience building InDesign templates
- Familiarity with educational publishing and Catholic school marketplace
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
We offer a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. For more information, visit www.loyolapress.com. Applications accepted only via email. Please include resume and cover letter when applying: email@example.com. Attention: Martha Tyler. Please write Production Artist in subject line. No phone calls please.
BILINGUAL PROJECT EDITOR
Loyola Press, a Chicago-based Catholic publisher, is seeking a Bilingual Project Editor to develop bilingual and Spanish curriculum and trade products from content development to file release.
- Write, edit, and translate educational and trade content for quality, accuracy, consistency, and age-appropriateness.
- Translate material from English into Spanish, with particular attention to pedagogical, cultural, and religious nuances.
- Assess quality and usability of manuscript and evaluate it for adherence to content guidelines and specifications.
- Make clear and relevant decisions while assessing content and translation, and proactively rewrite and rework manuscript to ensure that it meets high standards and goals of project.
- Provide prompt, specific, and constructive feedback to translators and Spanish writers.
- Maintain the editorial stages of a project from inception to production-ready manuscript and throughout each pass of poured pages.
- Work closely with English editors to ensure accuracy and parity in translation of content.
- Evaluate and input Spanish copyediting and proofreading changes.
- Complete projects within deadlines while maintaining quality of content.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish, Education, or an applicable Communications field. He/she must be fluent in Spanish and English and must demonstrate excellent writing, communication, and reading comprehension skills in both languages. The candidate will also have translation experience as well as editing and publishing experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe InCopy. Familiarity with Spanish Catholic terminology, Ignatian Spirituality, and the Catholic and public school marketplace are a plus.
We offer a friendly work environment, competitive compensation package, and excellent benefits. Applications accepted only via email. Please include resume and cover letter when applying: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: Martha Tyler. Please write Bilingual Project Editor in subject line.
No phone calls please.