To examine the story of the Wise Men
The children will be able to retell the story of the journey of the Three Wise Men.
- Bibles or copies of the journey of the Wise Men from Matthew 2:1-11
- Invite the children to close their eyes as they listen to you read about the Wise Men's journey in Matthew 2:1-11.
- Encourage the children to imagine how they would have felt on this journey.
- Then gather the children into small groups and ask them to select a moment from the story to act out.
- Give the children plenty of time to prepare their skits. Suggest to the groups that they have a narrator to describe the events while the other group members act out their parts.
- Invite the groups to present their skits when they are ready.
Provide the children with copies of Matthew 2:1-11 so they can refer to the story as they prepare their skits.