To identify the saints as people who lived model lives
The children will explore the variety of ways to live as the saints
- Poster board
- Colored paper
- Newspapers and magazines
- Crayons and markers
- Say to the children: To live as children of God, we must show our love for God and for others. Jesus wants us to live as saints.
- Ask the children to share some ways that they can live as God's children. Encourage the children to name saints that help us live as children of God.
- Invite the children to find a partner or to work in groups to create billboards that celebrate the lives of those who are examples of how we are to live as children of God.
- Offer the children newspapers and magazines to find images of people exhibiting acts of good works and living as saints.
- Have the children write on the poster board the names of the saints whose lives or actions are similar to the those of the people whose pictures they're cutting out.
- When the children have created their billboards, have them write messages that express their gratitude for the saints' guidance.
- Display the billboards around the room and encourage the children to review each other's work.
Art/Space Smart, People Smart, Self Smart, Word Smart
Create your own billboard to use as an example for the children.