The young people will reflect on the relationship between forgiveness and celebrating the Eucharist.
The young people should be able to summarize the purpose of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount.
- CD player, instrumental music CD
- Invite two volunteers to read aloud the following Scripture passages: Matthew 5:23-24 and Matthew 6:12.
- Lead the young people in a discussion of why it is necessary to be reconciled with others before receiving the Eucharist.
- Invite the young people to take time to silently think of someone they are having difficulty forgiving and to ask Jesus for help to forgive them.
- End by praying together the Lord's Prayer.
Self Smart, Word Smart
Playing instrumental music during the silent prayer time helps to create a reflective environment.