To identify Jesus as our model of forgiving those who have offended us
The children will be able to explain how Jesus is the model for learning to forgive those who have offended us.
- Construction paper
- Markers, crayons, pencils, pens
- Invite the children to describe the events of Holy Week and what we are called to do as followers of Jesus.
- Say to the children: As Christians, we are called to follow in Jesus' footsteps and to forgive and pray for those who have hurt us.
- As a group, create a list of ways we can show forgiveness to people who have hurt us.
- Then provide the children with construction paper and coloring materials.
- Ask them to choose one way that they will follow in Jesus' footsteps by offering a hand of forgiveness or a hand in prayer as they remember Jesus' great sacrifice.
- Invite the children to trace their hand on the paper, to cut out the outline of their hand, and to write their prayerful promise in the palm of the hand.
- Encourage the children to decorate their cut-out hands as they like and then to share their promises with the rest of the group.
- Display the children's helping hands around the room to serve as reminders to follow Jesus.
Art/Space Smart, People Smart, Word Smart