To describe the image of the vine and the branches
The children will express their understanding of Jesus' imagery of the vine and branches.
- Colored paper
- Poster paper
- Markers and crayons
- Invite the children to share what they know about the Communion of Saints and Jesus' story of the vine and its branches.
- Share with the children how they can stay in contact with Jesus and the Church by celebrating the lives of those who model saintly behavior.
- Gather the children into groups of four and ask them to create a commercial or advertisement that encourages others to celebrate All Saints and All Souls Day.
- Encourage the groups to think of saints or people in their lives who live as Jesus wants us to.
- For groups that choose to create advertisements, provide them with poster paper and coloring materials.
- When the groups have finished, invite them to share their commercials or advertisements with the entire group.
Art/Space Smart, Body Smart, People Smart
Walk among the groups as they work to answer any questions that might arise.