To put the lines of the Hail Mary in order
The children will pray the Hail Mary
- Strips of paper with lines from the Hail Mary written on them
- Divide the group into two teams.
- Have each team form a small circle.
- Tell the young people that you have written out the words of the Hail Mary on these sentence strips. The sentence strips are scrambled. Each team needs to put the strips in the correct order.
- The first team to put the strips in the correct order is the winner.
Logic/Math Smart, People Smart
Prior to the lesson, write out the lines of the Hail Mary on sentence strips. Write one set of sentences in red and one set in blue.
Mix up teams and repeat the activity again at the end of the session for repetition and practice.
You may want to give stickers or a treat to the winning team.
If there are children in your group with special needs (physical, visual, hearing, language, or behavioral disabilities), adapt the activity accordingly.