To teach the children that Jesus forgives us
The children will learn the phrase “Jesus forgives” and to know that our sins are always forgiven by God.
- Tell the children that they are going to play a game.
- Draw enough squares on the board for the letters in the phrase “Jesus forgives.”
- Arrange the children in two teams.
- Ask the children in the first team to guess a letter for the phrase. The team should agree on the letter. If they guess a correct letter, they get another turn. If they guess a letter not in the phrase, they forfeit their turn.
- The second team follows the same procedures.
- Once the phrase is revealed on the board, encourage the class to repeat the phrase several times.
- Conclude by reminding the children that Jesus always forgives us.
People Smart, Word Smart
This is a great class opener. It engages and settles down the children immediately.
Flip a coin or choose straws to determine which team goes first.
Play the game more than once and at other times using different key words or phrases.