To teach the young people that God wants us to make peace with Him when we do unkind acts
The young people will learn that when they do something wrong, they can make peace with God by asking his forgiveness.
- Basket or bowl
- Tell the young people that they are going to ask for God's forgiveness through writing him a letter.
- Set up a letter format on the board with a first line that reads, "Dear God."
- Suggest that the next line in their letter should read, "I am sorry for…"
- Encourage the young people to complete the sentence.
- Then ask them to fold the paper in half and tear it into small pieces.
- Collect the pieces in the basket and place the basket on the prayer table as a sign of God's forgiveness.
- End by praying the Glory Be to the Father.
- Conclude by reminding the young people that God loves them and is always ready to forgive.
Be sure to dispose of the papers carefully and discreetly.