- Discuss with the young people Christ's message of love. Highlight the simplicity of his message: You are loved by God and that love should overflow to all those you meet.
- Have the young people create a Litany of Love, which can be prayed together as a group or individually.
- Divide the young people into several small groups, and direct each group to write three prayers to be used in the litany.
- Begin the litany with brief prayers to each member of the Trinity. Then add the prayers of each group. The response to each prayer will be the same. An example follows:
Heavenly Father, hear us. Jesus, our brother, hear us. Holy Spirit, hear us.
By listening to one another, let us share your love with others.
By helping the lonely people in our group, let us share your love with others.
By telling our parents we love them, let us share your love with others.
- Write at the top of a sheet of paper Litany of Love. Have one person from each group write down his or her group's prayers. When they have finished, lead the young people in praying the Litany together.
- Make copies of the Litany of Love for each young person. Encourage them to pray the litany at home with their families.