To experience the power of praying for one another
The children will be able to explain that Mary intercedes and prays for each of us.
- Gather the children in a prayer circle.
- Tell the children that Mary intercedes and prays for us as we work to fulfill the vocations given to us by God.
- Remind the children that we ask Mary's help for each other by praying the Hail Mary together.
- Invite the children to pray for each other in a special way by praying one Hail Mary for each person in the group.
- Explain that each time the prayer is prayed, a child's name will be inserted in the following way: "Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for insert the child's name, now and at the hour of (his or her) death."
- Before beginning to pray, decide with the children the order of the progression around the circle.
- Pray with the children.
- Conclude by encouraging the children to use this prayer in this way whenever they ask Mary's help for others.