To teach the children that Mary is the Mother of the Church and our mother too
The children will learn that Mary is a great example of what it means to obey God.
- On the left side of the board, write vertically the letters that spell Mary.
- Encourage the children to brainstorm with you adjectives that start with each letter. Write these on the board.
- Ask the children to copy the letters that spell MARY on the left side of their own papers.
- Encourage them to choose two words from the board for each letter of Mary's name.
- Once they are finished, encourage them to decorate their papers and share them with the group.
- Conclude by reminding the children that Mary, Jesus' mother and Mother of the Church, is a good example for us.
Demonstrate writing the name Mary in the board first so the children have a model to follow.