To know that they are called to spread the Good News
The children will be able to explain how they are called to spread the Good News.
- Poster board
- Colored paper
- Markers, pens, crayons
- Invite the children to work in small groups and brainstorm ways they might share with others the Resurrection of Jesus. For example, they might consider creating an advertisement, making Easter cards, decorating eggs, or doing another activity.
- As the children think of ideas, remind them that they are like the women and the disciples at the tomb. Say: It is important that we let people know that because of Jesus, we are all promised a life in heaven after death.
- When the groups are finished brainstorming, ask them to share their ideas with the larger group.
- Ask the larger group to choose one or two of the ideas to do.
- Provide materials the children will need to complete their project.
- Allow children time to work on the project, and offer assistance to anyone in need.
- When the children have finished, say: May joy be in your hearts and in your lives. Let joy be the gift you share with others!
People Smart, Self Smart, Word Smart
You may want to suggest that children use materials you already have, such as paper, crayons, glue, and so on.