The young people will identify the parables of Jesus through signs and symbols.
The young people should be able to give examples of Jesus' parables.
- Slips of paper with Scripture citations (1 per group)
- Poster paper (1 sheet per group)
- Markers, crayons
- Divide the young people into groups of three or four.
- Assign each group a Scripture citation referring to one of the parables. Tell the groups that they should not reveal which citation they have received.
- Have each group identify the symbol used in its parable (a mustard seed, a pearl and so on) and create a poster using that symbol.
- Have each group display their poster and have the class guess which parable it represents.
- Possible parables: Matthew 13:31-32 (The Mustard Seed); Matthew 13:33 (The Yeast); Matthew 13:44 (The Treasure); Matthew 13:45 (The Pearl)
Art/Space Smart, People Smart
This activity might also be done using old magazines and newspapers to cut out symbols