To help the children become familiar with the Mysteries of the Rosary and the way we pray this special prayer
The children will describe the Rosary as a way of honoring Mary.
- Rosary poster
- A rosary for each child, if possible
- One of the sets of mysteries
- Tell the children that you are going to pray part of the Rosary together so they can become familiar with this special prayer to honor Mary.
- Invite the children to gather around the Rosary poster. Review the way to pray the Rosary and tell the children to watch you move your fingers from bead to bead on your rosary as they pray. Help them to reflect on the first Mystery of the set you choose.
- Pray one decade of the Rosary together. Tell the children that they would pray the other four decades in the same way. Talk about the other four Mysteries.
- Tell the children that sometimes families pray the Rosary together, and they might wish to ask their family or a family member to finish praying the Rosary with them.
- Conclude by reminding the children that praying the Rosary is a special way to show their love for Mary.
People Smart, Word Smart
Encourage the children to talk about the Rosary at home and suggest to their families that they would like a rosary if they do not have one.