To teach the children to ask the saints in heaven to intercede for them
The children will participate in the recognition of saints on All Saints Day.
- Strips of construction paper
- Tell the children to think of either a person they know who has died or their favorite saint.
- Explain to the children that November 1 is the Feast of All Saints, a day when we remember those who have died and are in heaven.
- Pass out the colored strips of paper and ask the children to write the name of that person or saint on the strip of paper.
- Encourage the children to decorate the strips of paper with pictures that represent that person or saint.
- Explain to the children that you are going to staple the strips of paper together to make a Saint Paper Chain.
- Once the paper chain is complete, hang it up in the classroom so the children can see their work and remember their lost loved ones or favorite saints.
- Conclude by reminding the children that All Saints Day is a day to remember those who have died and are in heaven.
Decorate a strip of paper ahead of time so the children will have a model to follow.