To teach the children to pray to the saints to intercede for us
The children will learn that we can pray for all members of the Church on All Saints Day.
- Tell the children that they are going to engage in a group prayer.
- Ask the children to form a prayer circle in the middle of the classroom.
- Explain to the children that November 1 is the Feast of All Saints, a time when we remember the saints in heaven.
- Encourage the children to think of saints' names quietly.
- Begin the prayer circle by starting off saying: I ask Saint ______ to pray with me for _______.
- Encourage the children to go around the circle by naming a saint that they would like to pray to and what they would like to pray for.
- Conclude by reminding the children that All Saints Day is a day when we can ask the saints to pray for us.
Have a few saints' names written on the board for the children who cannot think of a name.