To sing a song expressing joy that Jesus is alive
The children will appreciate the story of Jesus' resurrection.
- Invite the children to form a circle and sit down.
- Ask if anyone knows the song "If You're Happy and You Know It"?
- Sing the first phrase to familiarize the children with the melody.
- Tell them that they will be changing the words to fit the session today. The words go as follows:
“We know that Jesus is alive, so clap your hands,
We know that Jesus is alive, so clap your hands,
We know that Jesus is alive and it makes us glad inside,
We know that Jesus is alive, so clap your hands.”
- Continue with the song, changing the actions to "stomp your feet" and "shout hooray!"
- By the third verse, the children will remember the words.
Body Smart, Music Smart
You may want to encourage creativity with your class and ask if anyone else can come up with any other suggestions of actions.
If there are children in your group with special needs (physical, visual, hearing, language, or behavioral disabilities), adapt the activity accordingly.