To reinforce the Ten Commandments with the group
The children will receive a tangible reminder of the Ten Commandments for their everyday lives.
1. I am the Lord your God; you shall not have strange gods before me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.?
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.
If you have time, you can engage in a discussion of the Commandments and then write them down as a group.
Bring in a copy of the Ten Commandments for everyone, or write in on the board for all to see.
You may use a round bowl to trace around to form the domed tops.
If some children are slower to complete the copying than others, encourage them to decorate the tablet at home.