To illustrate the events of Holy Week for the children
The children will see what took place between Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday.
- Pictures and symbols that are associated with Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday
- Set up four stations, one in each corner of the room, for the following: Palm Sunday (palms, picture of Jesus entering the city); Holy Thursday (loaf of bread, goblet of grape juice, picture of the Last Supper); Good Friday (cross, crown of thorns, or nails); Easter (Create a replica of the open tomb, with flowers around it.)
- The children will start at Palm Sunday and walk to each station in order: Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter.
- Describe the day that each station represents and the importance of the events of the day.
- Prepare a simple prayer at each station for the group to pray together.
- Invite other groups to walk through Holy Week, with your children acting as tour guides.
Art/Space Smart, Body Smart, People Smart
Play soft music in the background to cut down the distractions of the children praying at different stations.
Vary the pictures and symbols at each station, based on what you have on hand.