To review vocabulary words in the unit
The children will gain greater familiarity with the vocabulary words in the unit.
- Arrange the children in groups of three or four.
- Assign one child in each group to draw lines on the paper plate as if for cutting a pie. There should be as many pieces as there are vocabulary words in the unit.
- Assign another child to print one word in each piece of the plate.
- Give all the children a chance to spin the plate and stop it with an index finger. The word they land on is the word they will define.
- If they don't remember the meaning, they may look it up in the Glossary and read it to the group. Keep the activity going as long as you like.
Suggest a way for the children to spin the plate.